All About That Ruffle









I am a sucker for a ruffle detail, especially paired with an off-the-shoulder silhouette. Naturally, I could not resist this top when I spotted it at Zara. I was even more sold when I discovered that it had a matching skirt. Who doesn't love a matching set?

Sadly it was too hot this day in Venice to wear a midi skirt, so I opted for my favorite denim mini. Seriously, this skirt has been one of my best purchases and the MVP of my travel wardrobe this summer. It's like the perfect pair of denim shorts -- goes with everything and is super comfy -- but, because it is a skirt, it's more appropriate for European travels and can even be dressed up a bit. Plus, paired with over-the-knee boots, it will easily transition into fall. This one is in short supply, but I have rounded up some other great options below.

We shot these photos around 7 am in Venice. As I have said many times before, getting up early in the summer while traveling in Italy is so worth it. You can beat the crowds and the heat, and the light, well it is pretty fantastic!

Click here for more tips on what to see and do in Venice!


SHOP RUFFLE TOPS:


SHOP DENIM SKIRTS:

Labels: , , , , ,